Monday 15 December 2014

The Tempest- Antonio

Antonio is the brother of Prospero. A power hungry man who would go against his own brother to get what he wants. 

He betrayed Prospero in order to gain power and status. You instantly get the vibe of a powerful man that would do anything to get what he wants. 

I am actually going to play Antonio as a male and just change my body language and mannerisms to suit the character. I know this will be a challenge but i think i can pull it off. This is actually very different to when Shakespeare would of wrote the play. Women were actually not allowed to act and so men would play an women characters and young boys that hadnt hit puberty would play girls. This shows the massive change and development in teatre over the years. 

costume- 

After we had decided on the theme of early 1900's/gangsters. I looked at costume ideas and decided to use this one as a guide. 

I will wear black pants, dress shirt, tie and braces with plain shoes. Because of the fact i am playing a male i have decided to have my hair back and very little make up so that there is a clear difference between my characters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment